Let's work together
I’m James, a developer and designer based in London, UK. For the last 10 years, I’ve been working in teams building accessible and performant digital tools and services for businesses, charities, and agencies such as the V&A, Vixen Labs, Dyson, Nespresso, Alpha International, and more…
Head of TechnologyVixen Labs
Member of the senior leadership team of an agency focused on developing more human and conversational interactions with technology through voice, natural language, and generative AI. More…
- Implemented experimental Alexa Shopping Kit functionalty to the wikiHow skill to be demonstrated in the opening session of the 2022 Alexa Live conference.
- Led the technical discovery process ahead of design and build process for clients such as TuneIn, Dyson, Nespresso, and HBO.
- Developed a number of technical proof-of-concepts including an award winning generative AI powered chatbot at the 2023 Gloo hackathon.
- Managed relationship with both internal developers and external development partners.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of Vixen Labs' ISO 27001 accreditation.
Designer and DeveloperOneSheep
November 2019 – July 2021
Part of a small, remote team of designers and developers helping charities and businesses to implement bespoke digital solutions. More…
- Rapid prototype for the Alpha Course online during covid-19 pandemic on top of Twilio's WebRTC SDKs.
- Design and build on the marketing site for Carnelian Search on top of Eleventy and Decap CMS.
- Design and build for the CMS behind the reimplementation of the Bible in One Year app on top of Laravel and Cachefly. Also implemented the multilingual marketing site.
- Design and build on JustSow, a funding platform for Christian ministry entrepreneurs with Laravel and InertiaJS.
Digital Project ManagerSparks Studio
October 2018 – September 2019
Part time role to validate the need for a DPM role, and to support the studio as they implement brand and design work into digital products. More…
- Management for the build and deployment of Christians in Sport from a legacy platform.
- Supported the technical discovery, build, and handover of the digital implementation of the rebrand for the FinTech company Iress.
- Helped the studio explore and understand the implications of technical implementations and decisions.
Digital Ministry DeveloperThe Globe Church
July 2017 – October 2019
Exploring how custom digital tools and platforms can be used to support local church ministry. More…
Full Stack DeveloperVictoria and Albert Museum
January 2014 – June 2017
Member of the Digital Media Team responsible for the digital expression of brand and user experience across the museum. More…
- Part of the team relaunching the V&A's website, What's On ticketing, and shop over a two year period
- Design and build for a web-first audio guide for the reopening of the Europe 1600-1815 galleries.
- Redesign and build of the free Wi-Fi splash screen.
- Migration of many different departmental blogging platforms to one single cross-museum blog.
Digital Services ManagerInternational Fellowship of Evangelical Students
June 2011 – December 2013
Part of the Global Communications Team, responsible for the development and growth of the online channels. More…
- Designed and implemented an online campaign for World Student Day to display the global location of all participants.
- Implemented a multilingual discussion tool to support communication between students connected to the fellowship globally.
- Designed and built conference schedule displays across for the World Assembly 2011, pulling in live information from social media.
Web Computing (BSc Hons)University of Lincoln
September 2008 – May 2011